Monday 7 November 2016

He Did It All

Hi folks. It has been a while since I posted on this blog. I have been posting on my other blogs- Musings From The Psalms and Effervescing Thoughts. You can always check those blogs too for some inspiring articles in case you had not been doing so.

This week, I am sharing selected verses of a poem that always reminds me of the power of God's amazing grace displayed in Christ. No one seems to know either the title or the author but that does not take anything away from the truth the words so eloquently comunicate. May you be richly blessed by these words; may your heart grasp the realities expressed

Nothing to do? No, not a bit!
Nothing to pay? No, not a whit!
All that was needed to do or to pay
Jesus paid, Jesus did in His own way.

Nothing to fear? No, not a jot!
Nothing to cleanse? No, not a blot!
Christ is my peace, and I've nothing at stake
Satan can never unsettle or shake.

Nothing of guilt? No, not a stain!
How could the blood let any remain?
My conscience is purged, my soul is free:
Precious that blood is, to God and to me!

Nothing to settle? No, thanks be to God,
The matter is settled; the price was the blood-
The blood of God's Son, a ransome divine,
Believe, just believe and peace shall be thine.

What about terror? It hasn't a place
In a heart that is filled with a sense of His grace.
My peace is most sweet, and it never can cloy,
And that makes my heart bubble over with joy.

What of the law? Ah, there I rejoice;
Christ answered its claims and silenced its voice.
The law was fulfilled when the work was all done,
And it never accuses a justified one.

What about feelings? Ah, I trust not to them;
What of my standing? "Who shall condemn?"
Since God is for me, there is nothing so clear-
From Satan and man, I have nothing to fear.



No comments:

Post a Comment